After The Battle Issue No. 068
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
After The Battle Issue No. 68
Blitzkrieg in the West
Author:Winston G. Ramsey
Dimensions:Soft cover, 8.5" x 11"
Photos:b+w wartime photos and present day color comparisons
Publisher:After The Battle, UK
Item No. ATB-068
- BLITZKRIEG IN THE WEST - Jean Paul Pallud introduces the German campaign in May and June 1940 as a prelude to the publication of his book, Blitzkrieg in the West Then and Now.
- Wreck Recovery - Wreck Recovery Wartime Style - An unusual recovery of Whitley T4321 from the uninhabited island of Rona off the north coast of Scotland in May 1941 told by Colin A. Pomeroy.
- Preservation - The Merville Battery - 45 years later - Lieutenant-Colonel M-J. P. Chilcott describes the establishment of the War Museum in No. 1 Casemate of the battery which enfiladed the western flank of the Allied landings on D-Day.
- It Happened Here - The Night the Rhine Caught Fire - The crash of a Halifax from No. 408 (Canadian) Squadron in Holland in June 1943 by Joop van Vliet.
- A Veteran Returns - Return to Morotai - George Battley visits the Indonesian island where he was stationed in 1945.
- United Kingdom - Royal Air Force Bomb Disposal - The role of the RAF in World War 2 and beyond.
- Readers' Investigations - El Alamein '89 - David Green visits the War Museum at El Alamein