After The Battle Issue No. 096
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
After The Battle Issue No. 96
Death of Orde Wingate
Author:Winston G. Ramsey
Dimensions:Soft cover, 8.5" x 11"
Photos:b+w wartime photos and present day color comparisons
Publisher:After The Battle, UK
Item No. ATB-096
- THE DEATH OF ORDE WINGATE - Dennis Hawley describes the end of one of Britain's outstanding 'irregular' soldiers as the result of an air crash while flying in an American B-25 over north-east India.
- Readers' Investigations - The Quebec Conferences - Roger Burrows visits Canada and the site of its Quebec Conferences in August 1943 and September 1944.
- United Kingdom - Memorial to the London Blitz - The campaign by Marianne Fredericks and Meryl Thomas of Civilians Remembered for a memorial in the East End at Wapping.
- Pacific - The Guns of Viti Levu - David Green visits and photographs the artillery remaining in situ on this Fijian island.
- United States - Medals of Honor Awarded - 50 Years After - President Bill Clinton decorates seven black soldiers in January 1997 for deeds carried out during the Second World War.
Wreck Investigation - Arnhem VC Investigation - Karel Margry tells the story of Flight Lieutenant David Lord and how he won his posthumous Victoria Cross at Arnhem.