- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The combat biographies of 7 Luftwaffe aces: 3 day-fighter pilots; 1 night-fighter pilot; 1 close-support pilot; and, 2 bomber pilots.
- Heinz Bär (221 victories and Me 262 ace);
- Otto Kittel (4th highest Luftwaffe ace with 267 kills);
- Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer (leading night-fighter ace with 121 kills);
- Wilhelm Batz who combat flying career did not start until 1943 but who ended the war with 237 kills in the elite JG 52;
- Otto Weiß (close-support pilot flying the Hs 123 and Hs 129);
- Joachim Helbig (Ju 88 bomber ace, especially over Malta);
- Ludwig Havighorst, who served with the infantry, Fallschirmjäger forces and then the Luftwaffe (50 missions over Stalingrad).
A mix of both well-known and less famous pilots, all of whom won at least the Knight’s cross. Extensive photo coverage makes this an exciting addition to Luftwaffe literature.